Monday, September 29, 2008

The Greatest Show on Earth




We went to Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey's circus last Wednesday. It was the first time I have been to the circus since I was about ten or eleven and we got tickets through the "Teen Center." (Remember the Teen Center, Dave and Aly?) It was the first time for the rest of the fam, including Lowe.
When it first started, they turned down the lights which freaked Maia out. She spent the first 10 minutes crying. When the fireworks started, I thought she was going to lose it, but apparently it signaled to her that this was going to be interesting. So, she cocked her head and kind of watched while snuggling for a while and then THE HORSES CAME OUT. She was totally into it after that.
Emerson liked the tigers and the motorcycles driving upside down in the cage. Chloe loved everything, but I think her favorite part was before the circus started, we got to go down on the floor and see some of the performers and animals. It was really great and totally worth the ticket price. But I am glad that I waited until my kids were a little older to take them. They were just old enough to appreciate it all. I was just as disappointed as the kids were that we had to leave early because it was a school night. The kids asked if we could go again net year, but on a Friday night. I think we just might.

2 comments:

John said...

Sounds like fun! I wanted to go, but didn't push too hard when I got resistance from Becky. Maybe next year.

Janelle said...

How fun! I love to see what you guys are up to.