Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sick-O Emerson




Well Emerson is home and recovering! He's not quite as a chipper as he appears in this photo. I made him smile. But he is doing great considering.


He had the titanium rods in his leg removed. For those not entirely in the loop, the rods were inserted in his leg (in the center, where the bone marrow goes) to stabilize his femur after he broke it in half last summer. He asked the doctor if he could have the rods once they were out! Some souvenir. I am amazed at how much stuff they do as out patient procedures these days. But I guess if the operation where they took Lowe's ear off and reattached it was outpatient, then why shouldn't this be?


So he is once again confined to bed and sentenced to a couple of days of Disney movies and video games. I can tell that this time around, he is not quite as content with his fate. He has a friend from school coming over tomorrow to help while away the time, so that should help. He should be walking again by Friday.


The hardest part this time is keeping Maia away from him. She loves him so much she wants to hang out. But that also means climbing all over him, stealing his drink (he gets the good stuff-Sprite), and bouncing on the futon. Last summer she barely mobile, so it wasn't a problem. Now, every time I turn around, she is on top of him!



3 comments:

Finn and Tracey Family said...

wow! poor little guy! how did he break his leg in the first place? hope all is well!

Michelle said...

He fell out of a tree at a family reunion last summer. Poor guy-he was in bed for almost two months. That was the longest summer ever!

Holly J. Wood said...

Poor Emmerson, I hope he's doing better now. Give all your kids loves & hugs from us!