I started a basic cake decorating class last week and this week we actually got to decorate something. It took me almost two hours to decorate it and my hand is cramping, but I am so proud of myself!
If it wasn't so beautiful, I'd be tempted to throw it out. The last thing I need in this house is a cake after all the Girl Scout cookies we've been through on top of all the goodies we had this weekend. I think I gained ten pounds! But all the extra pounds were worth having our family around us.
I'm surprised that I had enough frosting to cover the cake, because most of it seemed to end up on my clothes and in my hair. Here is a picture AFTER I had already taken a bunch out. Oh, well, hopefully I'll get neater as the class goes on.
3 comments:
I think I've heard a saying that says "you can't trust a neat or skinny cook." Stay skinny, but don't clean up and you'll be great.
It turned out great. Who's got the first birthday you get to try out your new skills on?
Emerson has the next birthday-but not until May! He has already put in his requests. Next week we are doing cupcakes, so I think the kids will get enough sugar to tide them over until the birthdays arrive.
Post a Comment