Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Niagara Falls


We finally made it to Niagara Falls after spending a day in the JFK airport and another day waiting for our luggage. We also got to visit some LDS history sites at Palmyra NY. But alas no luggage meant no camera for that adventure.

I would try to describe Niagara Falls, but you really have to see it to believe it. The kids absolutely loved the Maid of the Mist boat tour that took us to the bottom of the falls. They want to go back again sometime to experience some of the other Falls attractions and to ride the Maid again. The few blocks before the Falls were like the cheesiest Midway attractions I have seen in my life-think Frankenstein's castle and Block World. But the kids were in sensory overload heaven. I think the hotel pool and in-room whirlpool tub also scored some extra points with the young ones.
The kids got to pick the destination for this summer's vacation. It was our little experiment in empowerment. I think it lived up to most of their expectations and I am glad.





1 comment:

Holly J. Wood said...

Looks like it was a fun trip (after the airport ordeal, of course). I love that picture of Emmerson, it's awesome! :)